Yes, We are Different! Diversity and Inclusion Training Webinar (90 Minutes)
August 23, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT$195
HRCI – 1.5 HR(General) Credits
SHRM – 1.5 PDC’s
Diversity and inclusion have become one the hottest topics in 2019 and it is on the top 3 most critical topics in organizations for 2020. But what exactly is Diversity and Inclusion and why it is so important?
Diversity and Inclusion are not just another HR program, not just another legal or moral requirement, but a business strategy. Real breakthroughs come from teams that think big and respect each other’s differences – different ideas, different perspectives, and different experiences. Diversity helps us uncover more powerful customer insights and ultimately creates a competitive advantage in the markets we serve.
Why should attend this training?
Moving an organization toward diversity and inclusion requires HR professionals to use several of their Behavioral Competencies. As strategic business partners in our organizations we all have a major role embracing diversity, inclusion and cultivating Equality. Why? Because it is not just the right thing to do, but also the smart thing. Yes, it is true that the that this initiative is mostly driven by HR, it needs to be a collaborative effort by the entire organization to be a successful program. A diverse and inclusive workforce helps businesses avoid employee turnover costs. Diversity fosters a more creative and innovative workforce. Businesses need to adapt to our changing nation to be competitive in the economic market.
Companies that embrace diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their business
statistically outperform their peers.
– Josh Bersin
Topics covered in this training
- Exploring what is meant by diversity and inclusion
- The societal and business value of having a diverse workforce.
- Approaches to developing an inclusive workplace
- Approaches to managing a multi-generational/aging workforce
- Demographic barriers to success
- Exploring equity in the context of diversity and inclusion
- Layers and dimensions of diversity
- Issues related to acceptance of diversity, including international differences
- Benefits and costs of diversity and inclusion
- Ensuring that HR staff members have up-to-date knowledge of current
trends and best practices in diversity and inclusion-related HR
- Incorporating diversity and inclusion goals into all HR programs, practices,
- Identifying and implementing workplace accommodations
- Training for Diversity and Inclusion
- Measurement and evaluation for Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Policies and procedures to promote Diversity and Inclusion
Who will benefit from this webinar
- HR Professionals
- Senior Leadership
- Managers & Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Compliance Professionals
- Employee Relations Professionals
- Operational Professionals