- This event has passed.
4-Hour Understanding the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA) Certificate Program (9-13-2023)
September 13, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
4-Hour Understanding the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA) Certificate Program
Act Now: Be Prepared for the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Implementation
With the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act going into effect soon (June 27th, 2023), it’s crucial to be well-prepared and informed about the new legal requirements and responsibilities it brings. Our comprehensive 4-hour training course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to comply with the Act and provide a supportive workplace environment for pregnant employees. As the deadline approaches, don’t miss the opportunity to be proactive and stay ahead of the curve. By understanding the Act’s provisions and adopting best practices, you’ll minimize litigation risks, boost employee satisfaction and retention, and establish your organization as a responsible and inclusive employer. Register for our expert-led course today and ensure your organization is ready to embrace the changes and opportunities that the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act offers.
This 4-hour training is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA). The course will cover the key aspects of the Act, including its provisions, legal requirements, and enforcement mechanisms. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills needed to ensure compliance with the Act, protect the rights of pregnant workers, and create a supportive workplace environment.
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the provisions and requirements of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act.
- Identify the key rights and protections afforded to pregnant employees under the PWFA.
- Implement appropriate accommodations and policies in the workplace to support pregnant workers.
- Recognize potential violations of the Act and take appropriate corrective action.
- Develop strategies to foster a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
- Comprehensive understanding of the PWFA and its implications for businesses and employees.
- Improved ability to create a supportive workplace environment for pregnant employees.
- Enhanced legal compliance and reduced risk of litigation.
- Increased employee satisfaction and retention.
- Strengthened reputation as a responsible and inclusive employer.
Who Should Attend:
- Human resources professionals
- Business owners and managers
- Supervisors and team leaders
- Legal and compliance officers
- Employee relations specialists
- Any professional involved in the development or implementation of workplace policies and practices
What to Expect from the Course:
Participants can expect a highly interactive and engaging training experience that combines expert instruction, case studies, and group discussions. The course will provide participants with a solid understanding of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act and practical strategies to support pregnant employees in the workplace.
How to Make the Most of this Course:
To get the most out of this course, participants should come prepared with questions and potential real-life scenarios from their workplace. Engaging in group discussions, actively participating in exercises, and applying the course content to their specific situations will help participants develop a deeper understanding of the PWFA and its practical application.
- Introduction to the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act
- Rights and Protections for Pregnant Employees
- Reasonable Accommodations and the Interactive Process
- Pregnancy Discrimination and Retaliation
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Best Practices for Supporting Pregnant Employees
- Developing a Supportive Workplace Culture
- Overview of the PWFA
- Background and purpose of the Act
- Key provisions and definitions
- Comparison with existing laws, such as the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Legal requirements and compliance
- Employers’ obligations under the Act
- Understanding the “known limitations” related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions
- Applicable exemptions and employer size thresholds
- Reasonable accommodations
- Definition and examples of reasonable accommodations
- Balancing employee needs with business necessities
- Identifying potential accommodations for various pregnancy-related limitations
- The interactive process
- Steps involved in the interactive process
- Effective communication and documentation strategies
- Addressing accommodation requests and resolving disputes
- Pregnancy discrimination and retaliation
- Identifying direct and indirect forms of discrimination
- Understanding retaliation and its implications
- Strategies for preventing discrimination and Retaliation in the Workplace
- Enforcement mechanisms
- Role of the EEOC and other Agencies
- Complaint procedures and timelines
- Potential consequences and remedies for non-compliance
- Case studies and potential real-life examples
- Analysis of relevant court cases and EEOC guidance
- Lessons learned from past litigation and enforcement actions
- Best practices from organizations successfully supporting pregnant employees
- Best practices for supporting pregnant employees
- Developing and implementing effective policies and procedures
- Training and education for managers, supervisors, and employees
- Fostering a culture of inclusion and respect for pregnant workers
Materials and Resources:
- Participants will have access to the PDF of the presentation online.
- Upon successful completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion.
To measure the effectiveness of the training, participants will be asked to complete a pre- and post-course assessment, evaluating their understanding of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act and their ability to apply the course content to potential real-life situations. Participants will also be encouraged to provide feedback on the training through an evaluation form to help improve future course offerings.
- September 13, 2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA)
- Event Tags:
- best practices, EEOC enforcement, employee rights, employer obligations, equal treatment, inclusive workplace culture, interactive process, legal compliance, pregnancy accommodation policy, pregnancy and employment law, pregnancy discrimination, pregnancy support, pregnancy-related limitations, Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, PWFA, reasonable accommodations, retaliation prevention, undue hardship, workplace diversity, workplace inclusivity
- Elga Lejarza, aPHR, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, GPHR
New 2023 Updates for Form I-9: Complete 4-Hour Certificate Program for Employment Eligibility Verification (Starting 10-11-2023)October 11, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDTVirtual Event
New 2023 Updates for Form I-9: Complete 4-Hour Certificate Program for Employment Eligibility Verification (Starting 11-08-2023)November 8, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm ESTVirtual Event
January 17, 2024 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm ESTVirtual Event