3 HRCI Recertification Credits and 3 SHRM PDCs
Access to the recording will be available immediately upon payment here on HRTrainingClasses.com. When logged in, you will be able to find it under ‘My Account’, ‘My Videos’. You will need to request the re-certification credits upon completion of the video by sending an email to email@example.com with your username, recording name (3 Hour Employment Laws for HR PRofessionals, Managers and Supervisors) so that we may validate the view logs and send you the code(s). Once you have purchased this on-demand recording you will have 3 months to view it.
If you supervise at least one employee you need to be knowledgeable with Employment Laws to avoid costly lawsuits, judgments, settlements and to reduce employee complaints and claims. The amount of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other claims filed with the EEOC and the Department of Labor continue to rise every year.
Now more than ever, HR Professionals, managers and supervisors need to understand and be familiar with employment laws because they share responsibility with HR to ensure their interactions and relations with employees are compliant with federal and state employment laws. One single lawsuit can have damaging and costly effects to the organization. Violating an employment law is a very high ticket price to pay. The check that the company will have to write would include a lot of zeros on it.
To help our HR Professionals, Managers and Supervisors succeed and to protect our organizations from legal entanglements, our prominent speaker Mrs. Elga Lejarza-Penn has devoted herself to train our first line of defense on essential Employment Laws. This Webinar will provide with the tools you need as a Manager, Supervisor and HR Professional to protect your organizations by complying with Employment Laws and by doing the right thing from a moral, ethical and legal way. Always remember that it is better to deal with issues “in house” rather than in the “courthouse”.
- Learn about significant changes in Labor and Employment Laws since the 1990’s.
- Understand the foundation of all Employment Laws.
- Learn about prohibitions under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Learn about Religious reasonable accommodations.
- Learn how to avoid EEOC claims and litigation.
- Learn how to maintain a harassment free workplace.
- Understand the differences between exempt vs. non-exempt classifications.
- Learn about the different FLSA Exemptions.
- Learn about FLSA records retention.
- Familiarize with Youth Employment Standards.
- Learn about Break Time for Nursing Mothers.
- Learn how to avoid wage and hour headaches.
- Learn how to comply with the Family Medical Leave Act: Eligibility and timing requirement.
- Master the headache of FMLA tracking.
- Learn to identify what is a serious health condition and what is not.
- Learn how to handle special situations such as spouses working for the same company.
- Learn that “480” hours are not set in stone.
- Learn about job restoration rights under FMLA.
- Learn how to avoid being personally liable for unlawful work practice.
- Learn about The Americans with Disability Act compliance and reasonable accommodation.
- Learn to distinguish what is a Disability under ADA and what is not.
- Learn about different types of reasonable accommodation.
- Learn where to find resources and assistance with reasonable accommodation.
- Learn about “Major Life Activities”.
- Learn about the confusing “Mitigating Measures” concept.
- Understand the “Undue Hardship” defense.
- Understand the “Direct Threat” defense.
- Learn the legally safe way to confront an employee you suspect is abusing drugs, alcohol or other substances.
- Learn about the importance of “Job Descriptions” with ADA.
- Learn how to avoid age discrimination charges or claims when managing older workers.
- Familiarize with the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act of 1990 (OWBPA).
- Learn about “Mandatory Retirement” for certain positions.
- Understand what exactly wage discrimination means.
- Learn about the Lilly Ledbetter Law.
- Learn about OSHA Law and regulations.
- Learn about Pregnancy Discrimination, Hiring, Reasonable Accommodation and working conditions.
- Learn about concerted activities.
- Learn about Social Media Employment Policies and the NLRA’s opinion.
- Meet “GINA” and learn when we are violating “GINA” and when we are not.
Topics covered include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA)
- National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
Who will Benefit:
- HR professionals
- HR Generalist
- Employee Relations Persons
- Small Business Owners