- This event has passed.
I-9 Reporting and Compliance Updates – Documents and Policies that Ensure ICE Compliance – Live Webinar
April 3, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDT$145
1.5 HRCI Recertification Credits and 1.5 SHRM PDCs
HRCI and SHRM Approved for 1.5 Re-certification Credits/PDC’s. The government takes employment eligibility seriously today, more than ever before. Organizations cannot risk clerical mistakes or lack of knowledge on the laws pertaining to I-9 compliance. This webinar will explain how to stay compliant with the law regarding the provisions of the IRCA and the related I-9 regulations to avoid lawsuits, significant fines and even criminal penalties.
We know that we need an I-9 form for each individual who works for us. But are you sure about the procedures to follow to fill out I-9 forms? Would you like to learn what you need to do to pass an I-9 audit with an A+?
This course will take participants through the compliance obligations given under the IRCA, best practices to conduct a self-audit of your I-9 forms, storage and retention of I-9 forms, and when to re-verify.
Other key learnings and takeaways from this webinar will include:
- How to avoid violating the I-9 anti-discrimination provision
- Meeting the latest requirements for e-verification programs
- Differentiating technical violations from substantive violations
- Compliance obligations under IRCA
- How to conduct a self-audit of your I-9 forms
- How to properly correct errors or missing data on the I-9 forms
- How to accurately complete an I-9 form to determine worker identity and eligibility
- Storage and retention of I-9 forms
- Best practices for I-9 compliance
- Who can help a new hire fill out section 1 on the I-9 form
- How to avoid personal liability when you sign an I-9 form
- Who is not required to complete an I-9 form
- Examining documents genuineness
- Receipt rule
- Copying documents
- When to re-verify
- Human resources professionals
- Compliance officers
- New managers or supervisor
- Employers and Business owners
- Anyone responsible for completing I-9 forms for their companies