- This event has passed.
Understanding and Managing Inter-Generations in the Workplace (Starts 5-27-2023)
May 27, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm CDT
Join us online via Live Stream / Webinar for our Instructor-Led 1-Day Understanding & Managing Inter-Generations in the Workplace training course.
Generational diversity can be a challenge in the workplace, but it can also be a strength. Understanding and managing the different generational perspectives can help create a more productive and cohesive work environment.
Managing these different generational perspectives can be challenging, but it can also lead to a more productive and cohesive workplace. By understanding the unique values and perspectives of each generation, we can learn to work together more effectively. Our training is designed for managers, supervisors, and employees of all ages.
Enables participants to:
- Understand the characteristics and needs of different generations
- Analyze the benefits and challenges of working with different generations
- Identify ways to manage and lead employees across different generations
Carrisse Hull (The Power of a Vision) – 15+ years in HR with a Bachelor of Science Sociology, Pending-Master of Mgt. HR, HRCI-PHR
Continuing Education Credits
HRCI – 7 HR(General) Credits
SHRM – 7 PDC’s
10:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Ice-Breaker Activity
- Your Generation
- Activity: Historical Events
- Age Groups
- Major Events
- Major Traits
- Overview of 6 Generations. Where it begins and where it ends? Which Era is the best?
- GI Generation
- Silent Generation
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Z
- How did the Generations get their title?
- What shaped each Generation?
- How does our era shape every Generation as it relates to:
- Personal preference
- Professional preference
- Behavior in the workplace
- Remembering, learning, and/or understanding Generations that you weren’t a part of.
- Understanding the shift in society:
- The Rise of Technology
- Civil Rights & Social Justice
- Where does this leave the next Generation
- Generational Diversity – What is it and What does it matter?
- Benefits of generational diversification
- Cultural differences
- Competitive edge in the workplace
- Managing a culturally diverse workforce
- Human Resources has evolved
- “Five” Generations in the workplace? Why does it matter?
- Current U.S. workforce numbers
- How Generations affect our ability to lead
- Shared values and similarities
- Seek to understand the differences vs. similarities
- All employees working together, including our leaders
- Generational Summary and How it Shapes the Workplace
- Defining moments!
- Rise of “Social Movement”
- At-a-glance: Generational – values/expectations
- Bridging the Gap
- What is Discipline
- The goal of a good discipline system
- Positive approach to discipline
- Tools for the “Modern” workforce
- “Progressive Discipline”
- “Workplace Investigations”
- Investigation Guidelines
- Elements of an effective disciplinary system
- Conflict – Good or Bad?
- Management Styles:
- Managing right or wrong?
- How to successfully manage/discipline multiple Generations:
- A mix of work ethics
- Demographics: 1 st Step
- One size “Does NOT” fit all
- Perceived Differences
- Generational Motivation/Passion
- Mental Health
- Intergenerational Disciplining
- Generational Feedback
- Do we communicate the same?
- General Philosophy
- Social Media
- Generational values
- All things Intergenerational
- Where your generation stands on technology
- Common generational issues in the workplace and why!
- “Negative Perceptions”
- Intergeneration’s: working together
- Judgmental Attitude
- The “Why” explained
- Intergenerational knowledge and understanding
- Together We Rise