Creating a Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Why? Because it is our Responsibility and it Makes Sense!
September 6, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT$195.00
HRCI – 1.5 HR(General) Credits
SHRM – 1.5 PDC’s
Title: Creating a Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Why? Because it is our Responsibility and it Makes Sense!
Presenter: Elga Lejarza-Penn, aPHR, PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
Length: 90 Minutes
Format: Live Webinar and On Demand
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has become increasingly important to companies over the last several years. Whether it’s donating clothing to the less fortunate, providing clean water to people in poverty-stricken countries, empowering women, helping the environment, or trying to end poverty, more and more companies are incorporating social responsibility into their overall business strategy.
Why should attend this training?
Consumers want to do business with organizations that are socially responsible and in order for an organization to find success in its CSR efforts, a unified strategy must be in place. Implementing a CSR program requires considerable input from HR professionals. To execute these strategies, Human Resources Professionals and Key Executive Personnel must understand the principles that drive an organization’s CSR strategies.
In this 90 minute webinar participants will acquire an in-depth knowledge and understanding of what a CSR strategy is and how it can be linked to the organization’s strategic plan. Participants will be able to align the organization’s values, and goals into action, thereby making CSR a part of the organization’s structure, its processes and its culture.
Topics covered in this training
- Defining CSR in the 21st century
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for HR and the entire organization to engage in CSR activities
- Aligning CSR programs to the strategic plan of the organization
- Exploring the Triple Bottom Line: Economic, Social and Environmental
- Building trust by maintaining the transparency of HR programs, practices and policies
- Reviewing the principles of corporate citizenship and governance
- Developing CSR-related volunteer programs
- Exploring organizational philosophies and policies
- Defining “Sustainability”
- Exploring ISO 26000 – Guidance on Social Responsibility
- Defining Social Responsibility Reporting and the Four keys to effective CSR communication
- Developing steps for corporate philanthropy and charitable giving
- Examples of companies with the best CSR strategies
Who will benefit from this webinar
- HR Professionals
- Senior Leadership
- Managers & Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Compliance Professionals
- Employee Relations Professionals
- Operational Professionals